Control System Operation Training
Centrifugal and axial compressors are susceptible to surge which can cause catastrophic damage to your turbomachinery train.
The Anti-surge controller is one of the most critical turbo-machinery control applications that protect a compressor from surge by continuously calculating the distance between the compressor’s operating point and its surge limit line.
The controller modulates a recycle or blow-off valve to prevent the compressor’s operating point from reaching the surge limit while maintaining other process variables within safe or acceptable limits.
- Identify a variety of compressors
- Explain surge phenomena and consequences on computer operation and process stability
- Interpret and recognize the controller’s functions
- Analyze, identify and resolve alarms
- Compressor Systems and Classification
- Surge Phenomenon
- Theory of Surge Control
- System Resistance
- Specialized Controller Features
- Anti-surge Control
- Performance Control
- Speed Control
- Extraction Control
- Hands-on simulation
- Using simulation software, a laptop, and a demonstration unit consisting of actual CCC controllers
- Software simulation
- Compressor maps
- Process Disturbances
- Instrument Failures
Program Designed for:
- Rotating Equipment Engineers
- Instrument Engineers
- Ops Technician Mechanical
- Ops Technician Instrument
- Operations Staff
- Process Engineer.
Refreshments, and lunch are provided.
Training Materials and Certificate of Achievement will be provided.
This training is a full day course:
Time: 0800 - 1630